- Publisher: HMHMC
- Editor: Owen White
- Edition: v09 YEAR 1 EDITION
- Available in: PDF
- Published: November 1, 2016
YEAR 1 EDITION 2016-2017
by Catharine Slade.
This book is designed to help you discover how your 6-year-old daughter is really doing both at home and school. Packed full of insider information, checklists, practical tips and planning tools, it will help you understand and track your daughter’s personal, social and educational progress throughout year 1. Follow its practical suggestions and you’ll know you’ve done everything you can to help her have the best year 1 she can.
- a developmental milestone checklist for 6-year-olds, so you can see if you daughter is developing normally
- the latest research about girls, and how to help them succeed
- a home checklist, helping you identify things at home that you can do, to ensure your son fulfils his potential
- subject guides explaining what your daughter’s expected to achieve at school this year, plus tips on how to help
- practical, insider advice on how to get a regular stream of information from your daughter’s teacher, and from your daughter herself
- planning grids and tools to help you put everything you’ve read, into practice
Note: If your daughter is in year 1 but is currently 5 years old, you should buy My 5-year-old daughter: Year 1 edition. When she has her 6th birthday we will happily provide you with a free copy of My 6 year-old daughter: Year 1 edition.
Just contact us to request a free copy.
About the author
Catharine Slade has spent her life working in education. She has been a teacher and deputy head, a lecturer in teacher training and a presenter for the BBC. She is an award-winning author and producer of online learning platforms, services and content for teachers, parents and children and is the proud mum of a boy (who has finished full-time education) and a girl (in secondary school).