- Publisher: Smart Parent
- Editor: Owen White
- Edition: Year 1 Edition version 0.9
- Available in: PDF
- Published: December 1, 2016
YEAR 1 EDITION 2016-2017
by Catharine Slade.
This book is designed to help you discover how your 5-year-old son is really doing both at home and school.
Packed full of insider information, checklists, practical tips and planning tools, it will help you understand and track your son’s personal, social and educational progress throughout year 1.
Follow its practical suggestions and you’ll know you’ve done everything you can to help him have the best year 1 he can.
- a developmental milestone checklist for 5-year-olds, so you can see if you son is developing normally
- the latest research about boys, and how to help them succeed
- a home checklist, helping you identify things at home that you can do, to ensure your son fulfils his potential
- subject guides explaining what your son’s expected to achieve at school this year, plus tips on how to help
- practical, insider advice on how to get a regular stream of information from your son’s teacher, and from your son himself
- planning grids and tools to help you put everything you’ve read, into practice
GET THE NEXT HANDBOOK FREE
When your son has his 6th birthday we will happily provide you with a free copy of My 6 year-old son: Year 1 edition.
Just contact us to request your free handbook.
About the author
Catharine Slade has spent her life working in education. She has been a teacher and deputy head, a lecturer in teacher training and a presenter for the BBC. She is an award-winning author and producer of online learning platforms, services and content for teachers, parents and children and is the proud mum of a boy (who has finished full-time education) and a girl (in secondary school).